Our history as butter-makers goes back to 1899
A major dairy enterprise was set up in Büllingen in 1899, employing 224. Half a century later, in 1950, an initiative by local farmers transformed this into the Coöperatieve Melkerij van Büllingen-St Vith. Since 1996 we have had the right to use the labels 'Appellation d'Origine Protégée' [Protected Designation of Origin] and 'Beurre d'Ardenne' (Ardennes butter), making us one of only three European companies with its own certificate of origin.
We have also held the certificate of organic products (an Integra – Blik certification) since 2002.